Dirt Monkey University is now Steel Toe University!
Meet our team
Phil Sarros brings over 20 years of landscaping and design experience and holds a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Akron in Ohio. Phil is actively involved in speaking, education, and consultation for the brick and concrete paver industry. Phil Sarros founded Sarros Landscaping in 2002 when Phil and his family relocated to Cumming, GA. Thanks to many loyal clients in and throughout the Atlanta Metro area, Sarros Landscaping has grown into an established name with an impeccable reputation for quality and excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Mechanical Engineering - University of Akron – Akron, OH
- 2002 – Present: President, Sarros Landscaping – Cumming, GA
- Level 1-A Erosion Certification
- December, 2004 – ServiceMagic.com Contractor of the month
- 2004 – ServiceMagic.com Contractor of the Year Award
- Featured on three HGTV programs
- 2007 – selected as the Atlanta Dream Home Landscaper for Redbook, Women’s Day and Good Housekeeping Magazine
Phil has been an active member of the Lawn and Landscape Magazine Market Insight Council and regularly contributes articles to Lawn and Landscape magazine, the landscape industry’s largest publication. Select a link below to read Phil's articles.
- Unraveled How Phil Sarros took control of his business and his life before it was too late
- You are not alone: by Chuck Bowen – Editor – Lawn & Landscape Magazine – Supplemental to ‘Unraveled’ article above
- Hardscape Guide: The 100% List Sarros Landscaping focused on what it wouldn't change first to find out what it should
- Better Client Communication Creating a new customer communication policy will ensure you don’t miss any details
- Welcome to Thunderdome Whether you want to play or not, online reviews put your reputation at stake 24/7. Here’s how to manage your clients’ expectations to ensure they feel taken care of
- The Road to Ruin You’ll be sorry if you take shortcuts just to get a job
- Take Your Time Hiring in a hurry is a great way to make your business a revolving door of employees
- The Devil is in the Details Leaving out the finer points of a job description can open you up to get burned by a hire
- Hard Knocks Don’t let your hardscape projects suffer by neglecting these five details
- Don’t Hold Back Set your retaining walls – and company apart – with new, versatile designs
- Sealing the Deal Five ways to turn hesitant prospects into long-term clients
- Turn up the Heat The hot trend of outdoor fire pits and fireplaces can add to your bottom line – if done correctly
- Outdoor Fireplaces Supplemental to Turn up the Heat article
- Hardscapes Adding hardscape services to your company can help your bottom line, but it also takes continuous training
- Staying Focused Use focal points in your hardscape designs to earn new clients
- Waterscapes - Making a Splash Don't be afraid of waterscapes - the right designs and sales strategies get the job done
- Profitable Practices: All Organic Since he’s dropped pesticides, Phil Sarros has watched his Atlanta business beat the odds
Kali Taylor has owned and operated multiple successful businesses. After being laid off in 2008, Kali and her husband moved back home. Both coming from a family of entrepreneurs, neither wanted to work for someone else again. So, they started and grew a lawn care business. Before kids came around, you would find Kali in the field and doing office work. After having her first child, her role shifted primary to office duties.
In 2013, they decided to move into the trucking industry and sell their lawn maintenance business. Now, she coordinates the office work with the trucking business.
Today, she plays an integral role in the trucking business and Steel Toe University (all while raising 3 young children).